Saturday, September 3, 2011

HEALTH INTERVIEW

Rachael Bejinez
What is his/her relationship to you?
Neighbor

1. Have you always been as healthy as you are now? Please explain.
not really. only a few years ago I used to go on diets – I was anorexic.

2. What particular health habits in the following areas do you practice, that contribute to your level of health?

Nutritional Habits. 4 meals a day on a regular basis (same time, no overeating). I try to make my breakfast heavy and don't eat much for dinner.

Fitness Habits__I don't go to the gym everyday, but I run(or at least walk) a lap or two around the apartment. I usually play tennis or swim during the weekends.

Coping with Stress. When I’m stressed out, I try to do what I enjoy. Like reading a book or listening to music.

Dealing with Conflicts. I try to approach a problem from different points of view, so that im not so ‘biased’. Sometimes, I just push the problem aside – usually when I really cant cope it.

Keeping a Positive Attitude _I try to smile as much as I can, and always appreciate for what I have.

Any Additional Healthy Habits__I try to have some time for myself so that my life wont be so centered around my work.

3. How did you develop these habits? Please explain.
I just try to use time efficiently. I think that time management is really important when it comes to squeezing in your private life under the burden of your workload.

4. What motivates you to practice a healthy lifestyle?
I just wanted to live a long happy life. I feels terrible to think you have to give up everything at a young age because of my unhealthy lifestyle.

5. Create a question of your own that you would like to ask regarding this person’s healthy lifestyle. Make sure that the question allows your interviewee to expand on his/her thoughts (not a one word answer).

Question: __How did you cope with anorexia? What made you start eating?

Answer: It was difficult. Especially when you’re hit with stereotypes from media, culture, and sometimes my friends. My mother once showed me a documentary about anorexia nervosa and it was just shocking. I didn’t know that anorexia could be life-threatening. Then I started reminding myself that I am not the best judge of whether I’m maintaining a healthy weight. Getting back to a normal ‘healthy’ diet was a long process. I first started with eating light meals(like vegetables and nuts) so that my body got used to eating. Then I slowly started eating bread, rice and meat.


No comments:

Post a Comment